Behind the Numbers is our ongoing look into successful businesses. We interview studio owners, and the people behind the success to find out how they use data to make better decisions. Here is our seventh edition with studio owner Sarah Zemp of Industrial Barre.
1. Tell me about yourself and your business.
I am the owner and founder of Industrial Barre. Industrial Barre is a barre based fitness studio. We have two locations dn are opening a third in about a week.
2. How did you get exposed to the wellness industry and eventually become a business owner?
I grew up dancing and went to college for dance and physical education. I taught dance and adult fitness and eventually found my way into the barre world about 7 years ago. I left the studio I worked for a little over three years ago to build my own brand.
3. What’s your favorite part of owning a studio?
I still love teaching the classes and I love providing a place where people come to make themselves a better version of themselves.
4. What is your biggest challenge as a studio owner?
Keeping up with the day-to-day and managing the actual business side.
5. Are you responsible for your own marketing and social media efforts? What is the most successful marketing channel that you use?
We do all our own social media. We prefer instagram.
6. What business numbers & metrics have you found beneficial to gaining insight into your business?
I don’t look at the numbers too much because I am so busy with other stuff. I have a manager that watches the numbers for me.
7.) What specific data and strategies do you use to gain new members? What about for retaining existing members?
We have just began tracking our numbers with iKizmet and are excited to see how the numbers help us grow.
8.) How has iKizmet helped your business?
We’ve only been using it for a short amount of time but one big thing is that I am not having my manager waste a bunch of time trying to formulate spreadsheets when she could be working on other things.
Thank you ladies for your awesome insights! To learn more about Industrial Barre check out their website.